ROK - Return of Kindness
Return of Kindness (ROK) is the name I give to my passion project – an initiative where I volunteer my skills to help others. As a part of this project, I have worked to aid environmentally conscious businesses in third world countries to establish themselves online.
When travelling I find myself making new friends all the time, and quite often they are local, hard-working folk who are passionate about local wildlife and the environment. I take the time to learn more about their work, lives, and environmental goals and leverage my web and photography skills to bring their businesses to a wider audience – at no cost to them.
The joy that comes when I visit them again and see how their businesses have flourished, how their communities have benefited, and how the environment has been protected is a wonderful reward.
Nusa Lembongan, Indonesia
Some google stats:-
2013 – Unique Visitors: 0 (no web presence)
2014 – Unique Visitors: less than 1k (Site built and launched August)
2015 – Unique Visitors: 10k+
2016 – Unique Visitors: 16k+
In 2013 I met Diasa whilst travelling on Nusa Lembongan in Indonesia. We shared similar passions in life, and I was happy to build him a website for his business. In the years since it has been wonderful to watch his touring company grow, and the visits to his site increase year on year.
- Built using WordPress.
- The website is mobile, tablet and desktop friendly (this is also referred to as ‘responsive web design’).
- Some interesting statistics
- 93% of global travellers say their booking decisions are impacted by online reviews (Trip Barometer)
- On holiday, 24% of travellers use their smartphones for reading reviews, while 22% use their tablets (Trip Barometer)
- read more interesting travel booking statistics at rezdy.com